Applications for our 2023-2024 College Fellows cohort are now closed.
To meet our current college fellows, click here. For other involvement opportunities, see our advocates program.
Since 2014, YECA’s Award-Winning College Fellows program has trained dozens of young climate leaders to be effective activists, organizers, and advocates in their communities for just and compassionate climate action. We are looking for college students who are ready to take their activism to the next level through community building, civic engagement, and faithful advocacy.
- Apply by March 31, 2023.
- In addition to basic info, the application will ask for short personal essays, contact info for one reference, and a short video. Please set aside sufficient time to gather these materials.
- Applicants who meet our eligibility criteria below will be invited and required to attend a virtual information session following the application deadline. Multiple times and dates will be offered.
- Final decisions will be shared by late April.
- Be on the front lines of something bigger than yourself—join a national movement of Christians engaging faithfully around the climate crisis.
- Impact your campus, church, or community for good and be empowered with the networks and resources to be successful.
- Gain valuable skills and experience in organizing and mobilization, advocacy and public policy, leadership development, and more.
- Build community with like-minded Christians around the country.
- Benefit from numerous resources and ongoing trainings, beginning with the training retreat August 14-17, 2023.
- Meet internship or other academic credit requirements for graduation.
- Get paid: Fellows receive a $1,500 stipend ($750/semester).
- Be an active and committed Christian, and support the mission of YECA.
- Participate in the online training retreat from August 14-17. 2023.*
- Remain in your community for the entire school year (e.g. not studying off-campus for a semester).
- Work with YECA staff and other Fellows to create a plan for engaging your campus, church, and /or broader community.
- Invest an average of 5-7 hours/week on Fellowship-related work.
- Meet regularly via biweekly video calls, and connect as needed with YECA staff and your local support system.
- Submit a midyear and a final report.
*Attendance is required for the training retreat. We will generally be online between 12 pm ET and 4:30 pm ET. If you have extenuating family or work circumstances, please let us know. If participating in the retreat will create a financial hardship, assistance funding may be available upon request. We want to work with you to make attendance possible and enjoyable!