Applications are now open for the 2021-2022 cohort!
Since 2014, YECA’s Climate Leadership Fellows program has trained dozens of young climate leaders to be effective activists, organizers, and advocates in their communities for just and compassionate climate action. We are looking for college students who are ready to take their activism to the next level through community building, civic engagement, and faithful advocacy.
Applications close on March 15th. In addition to basic info, the application will ask for short personal essays, references, and a short video. Please review the application and plan for sufficient time to gather those materials.
- Be on the front lines of something bigger than yourself—join a national movement of Christians engaging faithfully around the climate crisis from a distinctly biblical perspective.
- Impact your campus, church, or community for good and be empowered with the networks and resources to be successful.
- Gain valuable skills and experience in organizing and mobilization, advocacy and public policy, leadership development, and more.
- Build community with like-minded Christians around the country.
- Benefit from numerous resources and ongoing trainings, beginning with the training retreat August 2-6, 2021.
- Meet internship or other academic credit requirements for graduation.
- Get paid: Fellows receive a $1,000 stipend ($500/semester).
- Eligibility to apply for a significant scholarship to take a 4-credit online class on environmental justice or law and policy at the Au Sable Institute.
- Be an active and committed Christian, and support the mission of YECA.
- Participate in the online training retreat from August 2-6.
- Remain in your community for the entire school year (e.g. not studying off-campus for a semester).
- Work with YECA staff and other Fellows to create a plan for engaging your campus, church, and /or broader community.
- Invest an average of 10 hours/week on Fellowship-related work.
- Meet regularly via biweekly video calls, and connect as needed with YECA staff and your local support system.
- Submit a midyear and a final report.