Applications for our Community Fellows Program are due August 15, 2023.
The most immediate and detrimental impacts of the climate and larger environmental crisis have been forced on communities already burdened by unjust social systems. This reality requires that we actively follow the leadership of the communities that have experienced, and continue to experience, these harms first and worst. The YECA Community Fellows Program exists to support the work and leadership of communities most immediately and intensely impacted by the climate crisis and environmental injustice: Black communities, Tribal and Indigenous communities, communities of color, and low wealth communities.
We are looking for passionate, young Christians based in the United States who are ready to further equip themselves as activists and mobilizers in their communities through civic engagement, community building, and faithful advocacy. Space is limited and preference will be given to people under the age of 30 who are part of and serving Black communities, Tribal and Indigenous communities, communities of color, and/or low wealth communities.
The fellowship lasts 9 months.
The application requires basic information, short personal essays, a brief video, and contact information for 2 references. Please plan for sufficient time to complete the application.
- Be a part of a national movement of Christians engaging faithfully around the climate crisis from a distinctly faith-rooted perspective
- Impact your community or church for good and be empowered with the networks and resources to be successful
- Gain valuable skills and experience in organizing and mobilization, advocacy and public policy, leadership development, and more
- Build community with young people around the country
- Benefit from numerous resources and ongoing training, beginning with the training retreat
- Get paid: Fellows receive a $3,000 stipend ($1,500 in each half)
- Be a Christian under the age of 35 and support the mission of YECA
- Remain rooted in the local community you serve for the duration of the fellowship
- Participate in the online training retreat (date to be determined by fellows’ availability)
- Work with YECA staff and other Fellows to create a plan for engaging your church, neighborhood and/or broader community
- Invest an average of 7-10 hours/week on Fellowship-related work
- Meet regularly via video calls, and connect as needed with YECA staff and your local support system
- Submit a midyear and a final report