YECA Community Fellows Program
The most immediate and detrimental impacts of environmental racism and the climate crisis have been forced on communities already pushed into the margins of unjust social systems. This reality requires that we center and actively follow the leadership of the communities which experience these harms first and most intensely. The YECA Community Fellowship Program exists to support the work and leadership these communities most impacted by the climate crisis and environmental injustice: Black communities, Tribal and Indigenous communities, communities of color, and low-wealth communities.
We are looking for passionate young Christians who are ready to further equip themselves as activists and mobilizers in their communities through civic engagement, community building, and faithful advocacy. Space is limited, and preference will be given to young people who are part of and serving Black communities, Tribal and Indigenous communities, communities of color, and low-wealth communities.
The fellowship is 9 months - be on the lookout for applications opening in the summer of 2022!
- Be a part of a national movement of Christians engaging faithfully around the climate crisis from a distinctly faith-rooted perspective
- Impact your community or church for good and be empowered with the networks and resources to be successful
- Gain valuable skills and experience in organizing and mobilization, advocacy and public policy, leadership development, and more
- Build community with young people around the country
- Benefit from numerous resources and ongoing training, beginning with the training retreat at the beginning of October
- Get paid: Fellows receive a $3,000 stipend ($1,500 in each half)
- Be a Christian under the age of 35 and support the mission of YECA
- Remain rooted in the local community you serve for the duration of the fellowship
- Participate in the online training retreat around the beginning of September (date to be determined by fellows’ availability)
- Work with YECA staff and other Fellows to create a plan for engaging your church, neighborhood and/or broader community
- Invest an average of 7-10 hours/week on Fellowship-related work
- Meet regularly via video calls, and connect as needed with YECA staff and your local support system
- Submit a midyear and a final report