National Organizer and Spokesperson Position
The National Organizer and Spokesperson position is a full-time exempt, salaried position with benefits. It is a staff position with the Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN) and functions as a joint role between EEN and Young Evangelicals for Climate Action (YECA). The National Organizer and Spokesperson is the face of YECA and is responsible for representing the organization to partners and the press, to provide leadership and guidance to the national steering committee, to supervise fundraising and communications, and to cast a vision for the organization and its future. The National Organizer and Spokesperson is responsible to the Midwest Director of EEN.
- Represent a nationwide steering committee of young leaders organizing for climate action and environmental protection.
- Mobilize and train young adults in the faith community around climate issues.
- Implement YECA’s Commitment to Anti Racism and integrate anti racist policies and frameworks into YECA’s ongoing work.
- Manage YECA’s grant funded programs and campaigns.
- Advocate with state and federal leaders around climate policies.
- Coordinate with the Communications Director to develop communications strategies and press outreach.
- Field press inquiries, give interviews, and write op-eds and articles for local, national, and international publications.
- Supervise fundraising efforts, donor outreach, and grant applications.
- Deliver invited talks and lectures at conferences and on college campuses.
- Build and maintain partnerships with foundations, funding organizations, colleges/universities.
- Collaborate on projects with other faith-based and secular organizations.
- Provide strategic support for EEN campaigns and outreach efforts.
- Cast a creative and strategic vision for the future of the organization.
- Further develop organizational relationships with senior advisors.
- National travel required.
- Self-identify as an evangelical and demonstrate sensitivity to the range of perspectives within the evangelical faith community.
- Demonstrated leadership ability and experience.
- Experience in overseeing budgets, donor relations and identifying new funding sources.
- Organized and attentive to details. Able to work remotely and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Experience and demonstrated ability in public speaking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience integrating anti racism into personal commitments and professional work.
- Ability to frame policy discussions in Christian and theological terms.
- Solution-oriented and ability to identify and assess emerging opportunities.
- Demonstrated giftedness in maintaining and building collaborative networks and partnerships.
- Ability to represent and communicate YECA’s mission in a variety of settings (i.e. college campus, press conference, advocacy visit, donor relations meeting, rally).
- Familiarity with climate change policy. Previous work within the environmental sector is advantageous but not required.
- Experience messaging effectively to elected officials through advocacy visits and other communications.
- Younger than 31 years of age in keeping with YECA’s target audience (18-30 years old).
- Experience in project management (including working remotely with offices and staff).
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Professional experience in Christian/faith-based policy and advocacy work.
- Experience within the evangelical creation care community.
- Slight preference for being based in Washington D.C. metro, but other locations are acceptable.
Salary: Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Please send resume, cover letter, and 2 references to email@example.com. Deadline 9/30.